Sunday, January 4, 2009

the psychologists aren't always right

I must have looked through a dozen articles trying to see if any of them answered the question of 'psychology of the classroom' as most of them put it. I was curious to see what the hot shots had to say about what seat choice says about a person. No matter what class it is most of us will generally choose a seat in the same general area, weather that be in the front and center or the back corner. It actually really annoyed me because every single one of the articles said that back seat students are the slackers who don't pay attention and who get worse grades. I always choose a back seat, but that doesn't mean I'm a slacker. I average about a 3.4 most of the time, it's not a great GPA but it's not exactly horrible either. Looks like I just disproved all of the know it all psychologists. There's a really simple solution as to why I sit in the back, I really don't like having all the other people in the class staring in my general direction during a 1-1.5 hour class. It's just something I don't like it weirds me out, I literally can't concentrate if I sit in the front. Therefore I sit in the back and am able to concentrate much easier. So maybe I just didn't type in the right phrasing into the Google search, but it seems to me that the psychologists should look at more then just the objective data in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment