Thursday, January 15, 2009

maori symbols

so I just found these really cool necklace things that have really cool meanings:


the single twist represents the joining of two people (in friendship I believe) and although people move away their journey of life will have their paths cross again. I like this one and if I had the money I'd get these for a few of my friends.


the fish hook represents strength, determination and good health and providing safe journey over water because in Maori use fish in a lot of their traditional food dishes and since fish were so abundant the ownership of a fish hook meant prosperity.
so those are just a few if you want to see the rest a site with most of them is here some others are really cool and symbolize really cool things




No comments:

Post a Comment