Friday, January 30, 2009

laughter: the language of the world

I was just remembering the other day of something that reminded me that laughter is an international language. I believe it was in Curaco that this happened. So the hotel we were staying at had a never ending pool and I was swimming around in it with a bunch of other people who came from all different parts of the world. There was a wedding reception/pictures at this hotel, and all the people involved were walking around. I was leaning over the never ending part of the pool and watching the reception pass by as were a few other boys about my age. In the reception were a few other kids also around our age who were watching us swim around while they had to be all dressed up. The kids next to me started splashing at the kids in the suits. I can't really explain it but it wasn't in a mean way, it was in a kind of playful 'hey we're kids' kind of way. For some reason it was funny (a 10 years olds sense of humor is strange). And even though those boys in the pool were from a completely different country and spoke a different language we were all able to laugh at the same thing. I've always thought that was kind of cool

No comments:

Post a Comment