Wednesday, December 17, 2008

never have liked being politically correct

here's my thing I'm one of those people who says merry Christmas...not happy holidays. I was just thinking that if it weren't for Christmas this time of year would just be miserable and cold and nobody would think anything about it. The only reason anybody pays attention to december is because of Christmas. Think about it Chanukah (that's the real way of spelling it) and Kwanzaa aren't the ones bringing in millions of dollars for the stores and causing people to put up lights on their houses. My theory is that if it weren't for Christmas than students wouldn't get off for 2-4 weeks in the middle of the school year. It's my guess that at the most we would have a few days off for the end of the semester, but other than that everyone would go back to work as usual. So I feel that it is my duty to say screw political correctness-- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(I would like to let you know that I have nothing against the other holidays I think they're really cool. One of my closest friends is Jewish, I went to her really cool Bat Mitzvah several years ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment