Saturday, December 27, 2008

friend v. family

From passive observation over the years I believe that most people either prefer the company of their family or the company of their friends. I know a lot of people that love doing stuff as a family and their family members are their best friends. But, I also know a whole lot of people that will do anything to avoid family in order to hang out with friends, their friends are pretty much their livelihood. The vast majority of the people I've ever met swing one way or the other. While I have a lot of respect for people that can be completely friendly and can do everything with their family, I'm personally a friend person. Though I believe that there are people that enjoy their family and friends exactly equally, they are few and far between. Just like people who only hang out with family or only hang out with friends are also few and far between. It's not to say that family people don't love the company of their piers, or friend people don't enjoy their family from time to time. But, I believe that if people were asked which they prefer, most people could answer one or the other

No comments:

Post a Comment