Sunday, February 1, 2009

rock climbing update

My rock climbing journey is progressing. About a week ago I was able to get a really comfy harness and my own climbing shoes. Never underestimate the amazingness of a comfy harness. The ones they give out at the wall have no padding whatsoever so if you're coming down and the leg things aren't perfectly even than it cuts into the leg that has it tighter. I'm able to to somewhat harder walls, but nothing near what I want to be able to do. But either way I've figured out why, even though I lack strength, I like climbing. I'm a very strong visual and tactile learner. Climbing is a great combination of the two. It involves finding the path with your eyes and following it with the rest of your body. It just fits with the way I process things.

No comments:

Post a Comment