Friday, November 28, 2008

christmas lights

since I was about 12 or so I've been decorating my house for christmas. It's a job I rather enjoy, unlike most people I don't mind standing on a latter hanging lights in the 25 degree weather. The only problem is that there's only so much you can do with 3 small bushes and 4 small columns. I finally succeeded in figuring out how to hang lights around the windows last year, and I really want to do something cool this year.
I'm thinking of buying pvc pipe from home depot and making a box out of it (like the ones you learned how to draw in 6th grade) and zip tying tube lights to them to make them look like presents. I'm the kind of person who will see something really cool, but have no idea how to emulate it. This year I think I'm going to attempt to hand make a 'tree' of lights where it looks like a christmas tree by having about 15 or so strands of lights anchored into the ground meeting at a point about 6 or 7 feet tall. It'll probably be a failed attempt, but maybe it'll work. I'll put pics up after I decorate which will be around the first week of december.

No comments:

Post a Comment