Monday, October 5, 2009

ultimate

We had an ultimate frisbee tournament this weekend. It was probably one of the best weekends I've ever had. Granted I'm extremely sore but it was completely worth it. I learned a lot about tournament play/the ultimate community/parties. First off I love the ultimate community, they are probably some of the coolest people I've ever met. There's no hostility between teams and even though everybody there is super competitive we don't let that get in the way of having a good time. I made friends with a lot of the kids on the other teams. After a game both teams would play the pokey game (the one where you try and poke the other person with your finger while holding their hand) and some really cool and confusing ninja game. The people in the ultimate community are very down to earth people know how to compete but also have a lot of fun doing it. Secondly, I went to my first college party. By definition it was only for the teams playing in the tournament it was still a college party. Even though it was quite an experience and I don't mind going on tournament weekends, it's not really my thing. I happily was and will remain to be the designated driver. But, I have to say ultimate players know how to throw a good party. I was fine chilling on the wall with my dr. Pepper while watching beer pong and keg stands with the other designated drivers. Also, the girls on my team are awesome. They're such a chill group of people who are easy to get along with. There is not a single person on the team that I don't like. And out of a group of about 18 girls the odds are that there should be at least one person who is disfunctional. To sum it up, it was awesome and I can't wait to do it 2 more times this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment