Sunday, September 20, 2009

thought of the day

I was hanging out with a few of my friends a couple of days ago and we were talking about how we dealt with move in/not knowing people/being in a new place etc. etc. We got on the subject of how none of us really show it when we're upset and that we're basically opposite of the people that "wear their heart on their sleeves" is the best I can describe it. Going off track I think that's why I get along with them so well because even though there's very little I have in common with them, our personalities are all almost identical. Back to the point, my friend Sam said "You can hide anything behind a smile." While this is not necessarily a good thing, it's extraordinarily true. If we don't want to deal with telling people exactly what's going on in our lives, all you have to do is smile through it and nobody will be able to tell that anything's wrong. We've all done it at some point, some people more than others. I'm not going to critique the statement because than I'd feel like a hypocrite because I do it all the time. I just wanted to bring it up and point out that even though it's not the best way to deal with issues we do it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment