Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My thoughts; The Hunger Games book

So I bought the book "The Hunger Games" yesterday because 1) A friend said I'd like it 2) they're making a movie of it so I thought 'what's the harm.' Sooo....yeah I finished it within a 36 hour period.

                                                                  (the movie's main poster)


And holy crap, it was AMAZING!! Now I literally can't wait till March 23rd for the movie to come out. First off the book is really well written in that it keeps you engaged the whole time. I've literally never read a book that caused me to actually have extemely visible reactions. there were many "Noooo!!" and "that's super sad and/or amazing" moments. You get emotionally involved with the main character and especially with some of the other lovable supporting characters. Honestly the details of the  premise are kind of hard to explain, but I promise it's awesome. So the moral of the story: it's an amazing book and you should read it. I'm planning on getting the 2nd and 3rd books in the series and finishing them before the end of winter break.

(Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen)

Now on to the movie. I'm really looking forward to it, because apparently it has a lot of the action/fighting that's in the book. And if that ends up being true, then it's gonna be a great movie. Plus it stars Jennifer Lawrence who we all know as Mystique from 'X-men: first class' and Josh Hutcherson who some may remember as the young son in  'RV' which came out a little while back. Plus I like how no huge name stars are in it. Maybe it's just me, but I think movies like this are better without an extremely familiar face to steal the screen time.

No comments:

Post a Comment