Monday, June 28, 2010

thought of the day

so I was at a bible study/discussion thing tonight when somebody quoted another person saying: "We tend to love the way we want to be loved."

For about the first minute I thought about that, I believed that it was total b.s. Then I actually went through the archives of how I show love and how I respond to certain types of love and realized that the statement is very much true.

Of course there's always the 5 love languages: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. But those weren't what immediately came to mind. Though, the love that we give and receive certainly stems from each one of these.

I haven't had the time to think about this statement fully and assess every time I've either felt loved or shown it. So this post will remain short and maybe I'll flesh it out later. But now that I've heard this I'll be paying attention to these particular things.

No comments:

Post a Comment